Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Rediscover: Buddy Miller

Buddy Miller is probably one of the best known musicians you've never heard of. Consistently playing with the likes of Levon Helm, Patty Griffin, Emmylou Harris and Shawn Colvin as well as producing albums for The Wood Brothers and The Devil Makes Three, this guy knows his stuff... He's one of those musicians where it's hard to tell where the music ends and he begins.

I was fortunate enough to get to see him and his wife, Julie, perform at the Variety Playhouse about 10 or 11 years ago and I'd have to say it was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. It was also the first concert I ever went to where everyone sat down the entire time. Such a departure from the rock concerts I was used to going to, it was stripped down, unadulterated, honest, pure musical perfection. If I ever get the chance, I'll go see them again. And if you get the chance to see them/him, do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment