Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Rediscover: Nickel Creek

I must confess that I love some good bluegrass. One reason being how connected the players seem to be with their instruments. I guess that happens when you start playing music before you can walk or talk. ;) But Nickel Creek aren't just good bluegrass players though, they're great bluegrass players... and jazz and pop/rock and...
After they broke up, they seem to have gone off in all sorts of fantastic directions; playing with the likes of Brad Mehldau and Yo-Yo Ma and taking part in other bands such as Fiction Family and Punch Brothers. I was fortunate to get to see them perform a few years ago at the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta. They put on a wonderful show. If you ever get a chance to see any of them in whatever incarnation they may presently be playing in, go. I'm sure you will enjoy it. If not, buy me a ticket because I know I'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment