Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Rediscover: The Flaming Lips

I think what I like most about The Flaming Lips is that you never really know what they're going to do. I won't be one to say that I like everything that they do, but I really like their fearless exploration of music and how it can be created. Plus, you've got to admire anyone who uses the tape decks of a bunch of cars in a parking deck to perform a piece of music.
Here is one of their less-weird videos. They have a couple that are more less weird, but I like this song. If you're prone to seizures, you might want to skip this one... seriously.
For more info on The Flaming Lips, go here.


2 comments:

  1. Haha! This is my favorite post yet :) I love the way you describe them and hint at their weirdness without really digging into it. Makes them a bit of a mystery to discover :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes... They are very worth discovering. It may take a little time to understand them, but it's well worth it. :)

      Delete